Parents are encouraged to attend monthly School Council meetings to stay informed about school affairs and to provide input. Meetings last approximately 1 hour and provide an excellent opportunity to meet other parents and to support your child’s educational program. The School Council plays an important role in providing input into school policies and procedures including:
- school culture and climate
- child safety
- student expectations
- student recognition
- school enhancement
The Council also has a tremendous impact on creating a solid sense of parent community through the organization of many family fun activities.
A parallel organization is involved in fundraising for school enhancement.
Parent council meetings for 2021 - 2022, will be held virtual until restrictions change. If allowed in-person meetings at some point during the year, we will require that parents complete the self-screening questionnaire, wear a mask within the school, sanitize upon entry, and only one parent per family allowed (to accommodate a broader scope of families able to attend). Meetings are held on the 3rd Monday of most school months (excluding December and June) and parents will not be allowed to bring children/siblings due to COVID-19 regulations.
Meeting dates for 2021-2022 are: (We will "assume" virtual meetings until restrictions shift and allow in-person gatherings again)
- September 20, 2021 - Google Meet - Link - Agenda Link
- October 18, 2021 - Google Meet - Link
- November 22, 2021 - Google Meet - Link
- January 17, 2022 - Google Meet - Link
- February 28, 2022 - Google Meet - Link
- March 21, 2022 - Google Meet - Link
- April 25, 2022 - Google Meet - Link
- May 16, 2022 - Google Meet - Link