Canyon Ski Hill Family Day
Canyon Ski Hill Family Day
Please fill out this form to sign up for the Canyon Ski Hill Family Day on January 18th. Deadline to register is Monday, January 14th.
Come out and enjoy the fresh air. A Family Ski Day is planned for Jan 18, 2019 (10am – 5 pm) at Canyon Ski Resort. A minimum of 25 people are required to access the Group Rate. New this year Canyon has included a Helmet with all rentals. The GST is included in all group prices.
Please Note: *Helmets are mandatory for all children participating in a school-sponsored event. We are taking advantage of a group rate but transportation & supervision of children is the responsibility of the families. We are doing ski registration by date this year. The additional dates are: February 14 and March 29. Registration/payment for those dates will be available 2 weeks prior to the date.
To register please complete the form and send it along with payment to the school by Jan 11, 2019. Please make cheques payable to email@example.com. Sorry there is not a reduction in cost if you do not wish a lesson. Rates are per date, indicate which dates you are skiing/snowboarding/tubing on the registration page.
Skiing and Rentals 13 years and over 12 years and under
Area Pass & Lesson (if needed) $27.00 $23.00
Ski & Boot & Helmet Rental $46.00 $41.00
Snowboard & Boot & Helmet Rental $50.00 $46.00
Lesson Only (season pass holder) $15.00 $15.00
Helmet Rental only $ 5.00 $ 5.00
Walking Pass (wish to be on the hill but not skiing/snowboarding/tubing) Free, but must be indicated on order sheet and must be worn on hill
Lesson Information: We need to tell Canyon how many lessons and at what level. There must be a minimum of 5 participants in any lesson for Canyon to offer the lesson. As well, Canyon may combine schools for lessons.
*Please NOTE: Due to their young age, children 5 years and younger, and children with special needs may NOT join a group lesson. Canyon Ski Resort recommends individual private lessons may be booked for those 5 and younger or those with special needs for the price of $50.00/ hour. Private lessons must be booked in advance in order to ensure instructor availability on the day of your trip. Please call (403) 346-7003 to book your own lesson.
For Rental Equipment:
Each person who is renting equipment needs to provide height, weight and ability level upon rental.
Lesson Ability Levels (for Skiing and Snowboarding)
A - Never Ever - This is your first time on skis or a snowboard.
B - Beginner - You are learning to stop and turn on beginner runs. Your goal is getting up the T-bar, but you are NOT confident on beginner runs, and only been a few times out.
C - Intermediate - You are confident on beginner and intermediate runs. Your goal is to have better technique and confidence, and to get onto the chair-lift.
D - Advanced - You can confidently ski or board all the runs at Canyon. Your goal is goal is to gain more confidence on varied terrain and conditions.
SKI/SNOWBOARD DAY INFORMATION
• Please make cheques payable to: Oriole Park Parent Council
• Please complete the form below and send payment to the school by Monday, January 14th.
• The hill opens at 10am, rentals open at 9:30am, lessons start at 10am.
• Candice Nadeau will be on site in the main lobby at 9:30am to pass out the lift tickets.
• If you need rentals, please proceed downstairs at 9:30am. Boots are self-serve and then see one of the counter attendants for either skis or snowboards and helmets.
• If you are having a lesson, please be upstairs, gear on outside the building towards the hill by the red snow fence, by the letter for your lesson at 10am. They will group the lessons and get you out. If there are more people than they can handle, they will take the A (never ever) and B (beginner) lessons out first. Lessons are 1 hour.
• Cafeteria upstairs in the lodge. There is an ATM but they accept cash only.
• For Rental Equipment: Each person who is renting equipment needs to provide height, weight and ability level upon rental.
• Contact information for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note there is very limited cell service on the Canyon Ski Hill.